INTERNAL AFFAIRS INSPECTORAT
The Inspectorate is a body under the responsibility of the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Slovenia.
Address: Štefanova 2, 1501 Ljubljana
Location: Litostrojska 54, 1501 Ljubljana
T: +386 1 428 58 70
F: +386 1 428 58 71
- in person at the office: Mondays and Wednesdays from 9.00 to 11.00
- by phone and e-mail: business days from 9.00 to 15.30, Fridays from 9.00 to 14.30
The Inspectorate carries out inspections of the implementation of laws and executive acts in the following fields:
- private security and detective activities,
- firearms, ammunition and explosives,
- internal administrative affairs concerning traffic:
- roadworthiness tests and registration of motor vehicles and trailers,
- driver training of candidates (driving school activities),
- classified information,
- ski slopes safety.
Inspectors verify the implementation of the material regulations from the above mentioned fields. If in the course of their work they establish systematic derogations, discrepancies, irregularities and other deficiencies, the body forms initiatives and proposals for the supplementation and amendment of appropriate regulations.
When performing its duties, the Inspectorate cooperates with other state bodies. During the performance of inspections, the Inspectorate directly cooperates with other inspectorate bodies and the Police. The Inspectorate also performs the duties of a minor offence authority in cases of violations in the fields in which it performs its inspection duties, in other fields of internal administrative affairs, or when it is decided that the duties of a minor offence authority will be carried out by the Ministry of the Interior and the Police are not responsible for such cases.